26 February 2004

0 comments
 
Thursday February 26 2004

Since I last wrote:

1. Spent one day and two night in State College with Adam & Joy along with the other fascinating Christmas party guests. Kindra Nicholaides took the train into Harrisburg from Philly and accompanied Krista Burger and I on our drive to the festivities. Janelle Monroe and Kindra stuck around the to next day at the Ryan's though a very late game of Trivial Pursuit -- Janelle was so tired that she refused to play instead making tired noises on the sofa --, wonderful waffles courtesy of the newlyweds, a bookstore visit for the girls, a SPINAL TAP viewing for Adam and I, and some lovely dinner prepared by Joy. That evening after Janelle left we played "full contact" (some swatting and pushing, but no yelling!) TABOO boys vs. girls which was fantastic. Oh and the boys won. The drive home with Kindra was full of great dialogue, fuzzy jazz radio, and thankfulness that unlike last time I drove back our conversation didn't cause me to miss exits.

2. Finally talked to my friend Megan Kaufman for the first time since she moved back to Spain last August. "Hi Megan, I'll write more to you soon."

3. a. Turned 23 and feel every bit the year older. Seriously. Old.
b. Received the Line 6 Delay pedal for my birthdayfrom my mom. Amazing she is. Also a money clip from Megan with the big cool Euro symbol, a gift certificate to Hearts and Minds Books (my favorite book store) from Tiffany, the DVD directors cut of DANCES WITH WOLVES from Adam & Joy, and tons more. I love my friends and family.

4. Started a week long fast from solid foods as part of Lent (Tuesday at sundown) and prayerfully to have more clarity in the particulars of my near future. Focus.

That pretty much brings us up to date. I'm sure I forgot things but there is plenty more room for those things later.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff