25 April 2010

LIST: RECOMMENDED THEOLOGY/RELIGION READING

2 comments
 
At the beginning of the summer my brother-in-law asked me to put together a list of theology/religion books that I'd recommend. A little while ago I finally finished it narrowing them down. (Sorry it took so long Jonathan!) You can already find them in the sidebar under "READING LISTS" but I thought I'd post it here also.  I left out many books that I love and/or learned from but I wanted this to reflect the books that most helped me to reach and/or manage with my current theological state and our unique in their area. Who knows, in a few years this list may be very different. As I put it in the other posting these are "Formative works and hurdles in my spiritual journey and worldview"


The Prophetic Imagination / Walter Brueggemann
The Irresistible Revolution / Shane Claiborne  
Jesus: A Revolutionary Biography / John Dominic Crossan 
The God Delusion / Richard Dawkins
Misquoting Jesus / Bart Ehrman
Celebration of Discipline / Richard J Foster
The Upside-Down Kingdom / Donald B Kraybill
The Secret Message of Jesus / Brian D McLaren
Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger / Ron Sider
Colossians Remixed: Subverting the Empire / Brian J Walsh and Sylvia Keesmaat
The Transforming Vision: Shaping a Christian Worldview / Brian J Walsh and J Richard Middleton
The Meaning of Jesus: Two Visions / NT Wright and Marcus Borg
The Bible: New Revised Standard Version

2 comments:

Matt Ralph said...

Sweet. I've read half of those, which means I would likely enjoy and appreciate the other half. Thanks for posting these and adding to my already lengthy reading list, Chris.

chrisflinchbaugh said...

You are very welcome Matt. Which ones have you already read?

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff