21 November 2010

A DELICIOUS VEGAN THANKSGIVING ROAST - HAZELNUT CRANBERRY EN CROUTE

0 comments
 
On my first Thanksgiving morning as a vegan I removed my Tofurky roast from the freezer to start cooking. As I read the instructions, which I thought I read completely before, I realized that the one hour cooking time assumed it had already been defrosted starting twenty four hours before. My cooking time was going to be more like three hours which put me an hour past when I was supposed to meet up with family. Oops. 

It turned out okay never mind the accelerated temperatures and the only partly correct accompanying vegetables I used. Every year since I've gotten it more right and last year we also tried Field Roast's Celebration Roast. In fact, if you, as a vegan or vegetarian, don't have access to an oven on the day, the Celebration Roast can be microwaved assuming it was already thawed and is even soy free. 

Both are great options for the big feast and this year Field Roast has made another available. The Stuffed Hazelnut Cranberry Roast En Croute with Apples and Crystallized Ginger, pictured below, is an amazingly delicious and complex option whose flavors are especially delightful and appropriate for the the festive holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas. If that sentence seemed like a mouthful just wait until you start eating the roast!



From the site:

A sumptuous, rich grain meat seasoned with toasted hazelnuts and rosemary stuffed with a sausage style mixture of Field Roast, cranberries, apples and crystallized ginger. Wrapped en croute with a rich vegan puff pastry, it is perfect as a center piece for a delicious, gourmet holiday meal.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff